Introducing the Ontoto Astro
Remote Telemetry Data Logging via Satellite
Introducing the next evolution of our Greyhound data-logger; the Astro. Further developing the already compact, sturdy and power efficient design of the Greyhound, the Astro now offers clients a powerful solution in even the most remote areas.
To achieve this we have a constellation of satellites in Low Earth Orbit (LEO). Every 12 hours the Astro will relay its data via satellite to our Web-Portal where it is processed and displayed automatically.
Each Astro optionally comes with one or more of our high-resolution sensors, for accurate and reliable measurements.
- Supports a MODBUS digital water level sensor (digital water quality sensor optional).
- Data transmission via satellite for the greatest possible coverage in even the most remote areas.
- Configurable by the end user via our Android application.
- Sampling and reporting frequencies from as little as one minute, to as much as one year.
- Occupies the available space in a standard 100x100mm monument for a simple onsite retrofit.
- No proprietary software needed to receive or access the data.
- A copy of all data collected by the Astro is stored internally for the devices lifetime as a back up
- Complimentary web portal for device & data management and data forwarding.
- Designed and made in Australia.
- Ultra-Low Power.
- Communication via satellite
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) configurable.
- Over the air firmware updates.
- Uniform Sensor Interface in-line with the Astro.
- Various power packages.
- Satellite connectivity and communication.
- MODBUS – Standard digital level sensor with an operational water column range from 0.5 to 200m.
- Stainless steel and PET casing ensure longevity.
- Operational temperature range from -20 to 80 degrees C.
- Dimensions 90mm (W) x 90mm (L) x 95mm (H).
- Product Weight: 870grams (including batteries).
View your data literally anywhere in real time using the Ontoto web portal or the Ontoto Connect mobile Application. Export your data easily as a CSV file, for use in other applications such as SCADA and Excel. Integration with the Ontoto API is simple and secure, providing quick and painless integration into any system.
The Astro is designed from the ground up with security and redundancy in mind. Backups of your data are safely stored via the cloud & on the device itself, giving total peace of mind and continuity to your data.
Its designed to be ultra energy efficient (with a sleeping current of only 2 micro-amps) & powered by a lithium battery. Giving you an ultra reliable and maintenance free logging solution for up to 5 years on a single battery pack.
By design, Ontoto’s devices and software integrate seamlessly with other solutions such as the hobo data loggers and In-Situ monitoring solutions.
Maybe you already have a data logger system and would like to move to us? Migration with Ontoto’s Web portal is super easy!
Just export your data from your old loggers as a CSV file and then upload it right into the Ontoto Web portal.
Ontoto Connect – quick and easy configuration and setup via mobile
Setting up and configuring your data logger with the free iOS & Android application, Ontoto Connect, is super easy. Get push notifications, insights into data and more straight from your mobile phone. Click here to install the Android App. The iOS version can also be downloaded on the App Store here.
Ontoto’s web portal – A powerful suite of tools for your data
Derive parameters, get statistics & visualize your data, all in real-time via the web portal. With total control & flexibility over your measurements, you can focus on what matters most. Learn More