The Meerkat is our most adaptable telemetry solution yet. It can be mated to automatic weather stations, a huge range of sensors, incorporated into existing SCADA systems and used as a base station for ad-hoc radio networks.
The Meerkat can even control peripheral devices eg. water pumps etc.
Meerkats can be remote or online devices for live streaming of data.
All design and construction of the Meerkat is conducted in-house and mated with our web-based platform in order to accelerate the integration of sensors, data logger and telemetry within the clients existing infrastructure or desired enclosure.
At Ontoto, we specialise in turn key solutions, so our Meerkat comes with a variety of enclosures, aerials, power options and modems. The overall design philosophy for the Meerkat is to provide a customisable ultra-low power data telemetry solution for small scale projects. With this platform, it is a straight forward transition to larger scale custom solutions using existing technologies to create a bundled solution.
• Can be ordered in either a DIN rail mounted version (a trimmed down suited to purpose version) or a stand alone modular enclosure version (more suited to sites that demonstrate the future need for expansion).
• Can be used as a data concentrator, LoRa hub or setting up an ad-hoc radio network.
• Records and transmits the data from multiple sensors or Groundhogs and sends it to you via the 3G/4G, LTE or LoRa networks.
• Many power options.
• Input/output functions.
• Uses a range of aerials to utilise even the weakest signal strength.
• Sampling and reporting frequencies from as little as a minute to as much as a year.
• Over the air upgradable.
• No proprietary software is needed to access your data.
• Complimentary web portal for device and data management.
• Ultra-low power capable with a sleep current of 2uA.
• Low power online mode.
• Two digital inputs/outputs (pulse, on/off).
• Optional 2 relays output SPDT, 7 I’O.
• Smart power options. Solar, alkaline batteries, lithium batteries, smart site power module with battery back up (6-48V, 60V max)
• MODBUS, RTU and ASCII
• SDI 12
• Internal power to sensor.
• SD card backup data storage in unit in CSV format (lifetime).
• Remotely configurable by the end user via the Ontoto App or through the web portal.
• 3G/4G LTE modem options.
• 915MHz long range radio, LoRa, LoRaWAN options
• Bluetooth low energy (BLE).
• Records data in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).